Renting The Right Forklift For Your Workplace
- October 16, 2020
- Posted by Sadaf
- Comments Off on Renting The Right Forklift For Your Workplace
With so many options available, finding the right forklift to rent for your workplace can be a very difficult proposition. Without a doubt, certain forklifts are better in certain situations than others. For that reason, it pays to not only do a little bit of research but to ask the experts to guide you, especially if you are new to forklift rentals Toronto. That said, there are a few things to consider before deciding on a machine. Let’s take a closer look.
Size Of The Warehouse Areas And Accessibility
Warehouse size is the first thing to consider when deciding on a rental forklift. A smaller warehouse with narrow aisles or warehouses with a number of floors which are accessed by elevators will require the services of a more compact model. In these scenarios, the best option is often a narrow aisle forklift or a ‘walkie’ as it is commonly known. Not only can they be used in small, confined spaces but they are small enough to enter access elevators to other floors.
Should your business deal with extremely heavy merchandise, consider an aerial bulk lift. These are often utilized in bigger factories or storage areas where multiple levels are used. Mezzanines, in particular, can offer excellent storage space and are often underutilized. Of course, these cannot be used in confined spaces due to their size.
The more traditional forklift comes in a variety of types, from gas and diesel powered to electric. These are particularly useful when goods are in storage facilities outside the premises or when items need to be loaded or off-loaded daily from delivery trucks. The advantage of these forklifts is their versatility. If you require a forklift to work in a massive open space, either outside or in a warehouse, look no further than a machine such as this.
Although we have already outlined a few forklift options, there are some other considerations to take into account if you are still not sure which would be best.
- What surface will the forklift operate on? Smooth (warehouse) or rough (outside)?
- What stock will the forklift be predominantly handling?
- How much will the average weight be of each load?
- If heavy loads are lifted from time to time, what is the heaviest weight that will need to be lifted?
- What are the widest loads that will need to be dealt with?
- What is the average height the forklift deals with on a daily basis?
- What is the highest area the forklift is expected to reach?
- Are there height restrictions in your warehouse/factory?
- Which fuel type would be the most economical for your situation – gas/diesel/electric?
Of course, making the correct decision when renting a forklift can seem a daunting task. That is why our expert staff at Modern Forklift will help you every step of the way. Be sure to contact our helpful staff with any of your questions and we will be happy to provide you with the information necessary to make the right decision.